Estonian Private Pilots Association was founded on the 8th of January 2003 by 34 private and hobby pilots with the intention to unite aviation enthusiasts all over Estonia, to share experiences, advice and information about flying.
- To offer information about flying clubs and opportunities to fly, including airplane renting, buying and servicing;
- To help spread awareness and keep pilots up-to-date about safety rules;
- To organize events and competitions for Estonian as well as foreign pilots;
- To develop connections with other private pilots organizations around the world;
- To publish reference books and other printed materials on private flying;
- To organize seminars and promote aviation education;
- To stand for the interests of our union members regarding state authorities and legislators.
About union activities
The members of the association include private, hobby, gliding, ultralight and professional pilots as well as air traffic controllers and flight instructors. People from different walks of life who are united by their love and enthusiasm for aviation. Being a member of the association is voluntary, neither members nor the management receive financial compensation for their work
What was the motivation behind creating the EPPA?
When Estonia regained its independence in the 1990s, it ushered in a period of great flying activity across the country, which today has developed far beyond the mark of simple club-flying. Currently the Association has over a 100 members.
Love for flying unites us!